Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Workin' It

My guerrilla style marketing campaign is under way. Posters, business cards, craigslist, street corners, markets, outskirts of town, the badlands, sewers, government offices....the march goes on. Short of most of that my lesson posters are done with business cards attached to them. Here is a jpeg proof of what it looks like:



The background of the flyer and the business card are colored and not colored, respectively. In reality its transparent in photoshop to print on Astroparch card stock for that refined look.

Took out a few cds from the library: John Coltrane's Ballads, Joe Williams Nothin' But the Blues, a disc of traditional Jewish songs, and the newish collection of Sonny Rollins live stuff called Road Shows Volume 1. I have listened to and enjoyed the first two, I will check out the other two later this week. I also signed out a book entitled Creative Jazz Improvisation by Scott Reeves. It looked interesting as supplemental material to my other tomes of knowledge, and if its a good method I might use it for teaching.

Soon I'm going to post my gigging schedule and try to keep that going.

No comments: